Barcaldine Visitor Information
Welcome to Barcaldine!
Barcaldine is a small town located in Central Queensland, Australia. It is known as the "Garden City of the West" due to its beautiful parks and gardens.
Things to do
- Visit the Australian Workers Heritage Centre - a museum dedicated to the history of labor and unionism in Australia
- Explore scenic drives through the surrounding countryside
- Take a walk through Barcaldine's parklands, including the Botanic Gardens and Barcaldine River Walk
- Learn about Barcaldine's pastoral history at the Tree of Knowledge Memorial - a tribute to the origins of the Australian Labor Party
Where to eat
- The Globe Hotel - a classic country pub with a restaurant serving local cuisine
- The Lodge Restaurant - a fine dining restaurant located in the Barcaldine Country Motor Inn
- Cactus Country Cafe - a casual cafe offering a range of breakfast and lunch options
Where to stay
- Barcaldine Country Motor Inn - a modern motel with a swimming pool and on-site restaurant
- Ashby House Motor Inn - a historic motel with an outdoor pool and BBQ area
- The Globe Hotel - offers affordable pub-style accommodation in the heart of Barcaldine
Barcaldine is located approximately 520km northwest of Brisbane. The easiest way to get there is by car, with the journey taking approximately 6 hours. There are also bus services available from Brisbane and other major cities in Queensland.
Barcaldine has a subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. The average temperature during summer (December-February) is around 32°C, while in winter (June-August) it drops to around 22°C. It is best to bring sunscreen and to stay hydrated during the hotter months.
For further information on Barcaldine, visit the Barcaldine Regional Council website.